A look back-
- Follow-up letters and / or calls to the Walton County, GA Coroner, Walton County, GA Sheriff, and the City of Monroe, GA Police Department. If you recall, a few months back, I wrote each of these agencies trying to find more information on the murder of my 3rd cousin twice removed (my grandmother's first cousin), Nunna Pierce Jackson. To date, I've not heard from any of them. Hopefully, writing and / or calling will spur them into action if for nothing else than to state they were not able to locate any additional information.
- Follow-up with volunteer, Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness, whom I had contacted about transcribing / taking a picture of the probate records for my great grandfather, Cornelius Pierce.
- Request Probate records for Jesse F. Pierce, possible slave owner, of my 2nd great grandparents, Jasper and Jane Pierce. As with my Ewell Ancestors on the paternal side, Jesse F. Pierce did not die prior to the end slavery. However, I'm still hoping that records are available and that there may be some bit of information that will help in the research.
I did send follow-up letters to City of Monroe Police Department and the Walton County Sherieff and Coronor's offices. I received a reply back from the Sherieff / Coronor. They don't have any further information on Cousin Nunna's death. So, I guess I'm left to pondor what were the circumstances surround her death. Maybe one day I'll come across something by accident.
I wrote a follow-up e-mail to the volunteer from RAOGK but to date have not received a response.
I did request probate records for Jesse F. Pierce. Unfortunately, there don't seem to be any. Interesting, given the fact that I've found him listed as executor, etc. on other's wills / probate records.
Blogging / Writing
- A minimum of two posts to the blog, one of which must be a written post.
- Take first steps in planning Hosch Descendants Family Reunion for 2011, i.e. come up with a date. It's been approximately 11 years since the last reunion of the descendants of my great grandparents, Barto Hosch and Sallie Rome Hosch, gathered together.
- Declutter and rearrange office.
- Clean and repaint the "new to me" legal-size file cabinet. Purchased from the Habitat ReStore a few weeks ago for my genealogical research files.
I did decide on a date but will run it by two of my cousins, also, to get their input. So for now, tentatively scheduled for August 6, 2011. Haven't quite decided on a possible location, yet but have 4 possible locations in mind.
Did not get anything accomplished on Items 2 and 3.
When I initially posted the August Goals, they were supposed to be for that week but I ended up making them for the remainder of the month. So, after one month of posting Goals, I've decided that a monthly list is probably the best with progress reports mid-month and at the end of the month or beginning of the next month.
So September goals will be posted later today or early tomorrow.