Most of the preparation things I did today have more to do with the research I’m hoping to do after the expo.
- E-mailed the Walton County, Georgia Probate Court to confirm hours and days of operation.
- Confirmed the hours of operation for the Walton County Georgia Superior Court.
- E-mailed South View Cemetery in Atlanta. If time permits, I hope to visit the graves of my Great Grand Aunt, Nuna Pierce Sims and also hope to find out more about a Jesse Pierce that is buried there. I wrote about this Jesse, who I believe to be a Great Grand Uncle, several months ago.
- Continued adding items to the list of things I need to take with me and also continued adding to the list of things I hope to get accomplished at each locale that I visit.
- Purchased extra writing instruments, etc (highlighters and mechanical pencils.
As the days are fast approaching when mom and I will be heading to GA, I’m also a little disappointed, as I had hoped to be able to surprise my mother with a visit from or to some of the other descendants of my 2nd great grandmother, Matilda Hosch. I contacted my Ancestry.com contact last month about setting up a possible meeting and even talked to him on the phone but to date, I’ve not heard from any of the descendants of my granddad’s Uncle Augustus “Gus” Hosch. Maybe one day, it will happen.