Looking back on my goals for 2010, I didn’t get nearly enough accomplished. In some areas, I did better than I thought I had done or at least I think I did. And in other areas, as with everything in life, there are things I need to improve on.
Accomplishments for 2010 include:
- I did manage to get to a couple of conferences. Both happened to be in the state of Georgia. I attended the Southeast Family History Expo in February and the Atlanta Family History Expo in November.
- In February, I attended my first genealogy workshop. The workshop was given by a local group, Comprehensive Genealogical Services.
- After all these years, I went on my first research trip. It was a great experience and while I think I had great preparation, there were a few things I forgot like taking snacks to keep your stamina up. I will be better prepared for my next research trip.
- Even though some months I struggled with what to say, but, at least on this blog, I stayed on an even keel, more or less, with my posts. Now, Conversations with My Ancestors, the blog about my paternal ancestors, is a totally different story.
- I feel that I did manage to get in a bit more quality time with the folks although most of the dad quality time revolved around hospitals and doctors.